The Public Retirement Information Systems Management (PRISM) organization was formed in 1988 to provide a forum for Information Technology (IT) managers of public pension funds where they could share information, as well as their experiences, as they strive to provide “state-of-the-art” technology and systems support to the retirement funds they serve.
PRISM has been very successful in accomplishing its goals over the years. The organization preserves an atmosphere where members know each other by name and remember each other’s projects from year to year. Member fund representatives communicate throughout the year to share information and to help and support each other. This intimate level of networking fosters site visits to other member funds that have a system or capability that your fund may be considering.
Secure PRISM Website
– The secure PRISM website provides members with the following functionality:
- Access to a PRISM membership list, contact information, fund demographics, project portfolios and current platforms in use.
- Online forum for the exclusive use of our members. In this secure forum, members have the ability to share their ideas and experiences, as well as discuss any items that may be impacting their respective systems or job duties.
- Information about the upcoming conference, including conference dates, location, agenda and hotel reservation information.
- Access to past conference information, including conference roundtable forms and PowerPoint presentations.
- Access to PRISM sponsor list, including contact information and service offerings.
- A mechanism for posting RFP directly to our sponsoring vendor community.
- Our annual conference provides an ideal opportunity for IT managers to meet and spend time in a relaxed, informal atmosphere with their counterparts from other public pension funds, as well as the vendors who provide hardware, software and consolting support to the funds. In support of the key theme for the conference our agenda format includes speakers who address the group as a whole and moltiple opportunities designed to facilitate practical information sharing through:
- Smaller breakout sessions where members are willing and eager to demonstrate their own accomplishments and observe the resolts and lessons learned of other funds’ efforts. These sessions provide an informal forum for interactive Q/A sessions with participating members on relevant topics and technologies within the public pension IT arena.
- The Member Roundtable session where a representative from each fund has the opportunity to briefly address the entire group about the highest priority initiatives facing their systems. This session provides a great opportunity to identify conference attendees and retirement funds with similar challenges. During this session networking opportunities surface for both the members that have been there and done that, and the members needing expertise in a particolar area.
- Access to all of the presentation materials from breakout sessions at past conferences.
PeerNetworking - Members request and share information with other pension funds regarding best practices, current challenges or strategic plans for both business and technical related issues.
Sponsors - Unlike other organizations, PRISM welcomes the vendors who help sponsor our organization to participate in the events held during our annual conference. This enables those members who wish to interact with our sponsors an opportunity to do so in an informal manner.
E-Newsletter - Electronic Newsletters are periodically sent to our membership to remind them of upcoming events or alert them of new information that is relevant to the PRISM community.
– Public Pension Funds, Organizations or Systems who are in good standing are eligible for membership in the PRISM organization. Membership shall be granted at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Current PRISM membership is made up of public retirement funds from throughout the United States and Canada, as well as the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund, and includes the following types of funds:
- City Employees
- County Employees
- Municipal/Public Employees
- State Employees
- Police and Fire
Dues – Current member organization dues are $150 per year. Membership dues entitle the entire pension fund to have access to the secure PRISM website.
How to Become a PRISM Member - To become a member of PRISM, please send an email request to the PRISM Secretary by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, organization name, email address and phone number. After your request is received, a registration form will be emailed to you. Once you have paid your annual membership dues you, as the primary contact for your fund will be sent login information for the secure PRISM website. Primary contacts have the ability to invite other employees from their organization to register as a user on the secure PRISM website.